Sunday, April 3, 2016
Activity 1
After reading all of the resources given in the list for activity 1, I have learned many interesting things about Faulkner. I learned that his name was at first spelled without the u, but he added the u to seem more British when he applied to the Canadian Air Force under the fake identity of a Brit. I also learned therefore that he was in the Canadian Air Force during WW1, but never actually saw any action. I learned that his first few publications actually had relatively little success. His prime was between the years 1929-1942, in which he wrote Sound and the Fury. He won the Nobel Prize for Literature in both 1949 and 1950, because in 49 the Nobel Prize committee could not agree on a winner, so when they finally did in 1950 they gave him the award for both years. His acceptance speech was at first not understood, but became famous and important when it was later published in newspapers. He is one of the most influential and important North American writers. He even created a fictional county called Yoknapatawpha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment